Updated July 27, 2021
With Google Analytics owning over 33% of the website analytics market, according to Datanyze, it can be easy to assume the visitor tracking software offered within the analytics platform is superior to that of its competitors. However, because Google Analytics is a much broader platform, its visitor tracking software and the data it provides are, well, much broader. When it comes to comparing Google Analytics vs. LeadLander, weigh your options and determine what tools – and which approach – are right for you.
Google Analytics is well suited for marketing efforts and overall site traffic measurement, not granular details such as identifying each individual customer on your site. The information they collect is best used in a broad marketing scope, such as determining which areas of your site are most popular, how much overall traffic are you generating on your site as a result of marketing campaigns, etc.
LeadLander is designed to deliver much more actionable data with a lot more depth of detail. Instead of just showing a domain listing, LeadLander gives you more finite details about the actual companies visiting your website and backs that up with supporting data.
Below, we’ve illustrated a Google Analytics vs. LeadLander comparison, noting the differences between visitor tracking software:
Breaking It Down: Google Analytics vs. LeadLander
- LeadLander’s proprietary software automatically removes ISP data for concise reporting and a focus on actionable data.
- For Example: An anonymous visitor from Avigilon Corporation visits your site, but, with Google Analytics, shows up instead as a visitor from Xfinity, CenturyLink, AT&T, etc., his/her internet service provider.
- LeadLander’s proprietary software is able to reconcile more ISP traffic as identified company visitors, allowing sales and marketing teams to pursue accurate leads.
- ISP Reconciliation is especially important during COVID-19’s stay at home order, where most website visitors are using a diverse range of at-home ISP’s.
- Even as life returns back to normal, we have developed a new “work-from-home”economy that is likely here to stay. 42% of Americans were working from home during the pandemic, according to Stanford News. Based on information from Upwork, although only 26.7% of Americans will keep working from home through 2021, many of us will never return to our places of business, at least full-time. By 2025, we will have seen an 87% increase from the number of remote workers pre-pandemic. With so many users viewing our businesses online from various IP addresses, ISP Reconciliation will continue to be an essential tool for website owners.
Automatic Visitor Identification
- LeadLander automatically identifies anonymous website visitors, providing accurate company details including website, address, and phone number.
- Google Analytics only provides visitor’s ISP company names.
High-Value Company & High-Value Page Tagging
- LeadLander allows users to create a watchlist for specific high-value companies, with the option to send real-time email alerts when that company visits their website, including specific data on the exact pages visited and timestamp on each page.
- LeadLander also allows users to color-tag high-value pages, allowing sales teams to quickly identify companies visiting their most important pages and pursue their hottest leads.
- Google Analytics offers a page value metric, but it’s a measurement that can be difficult to use constructively without a little help. In addition, Analytics tracks visitor information like gender, age and conversion, but does not flag high-value companies or viewers, and will not alert you when they visit. If you use Analytics alone, it is imperative to stay on top of your data at all times.
- LeadLander offers unrivaled support with:
- A dedicated account manager with phone, email, & web support
- Quarterly check-ins & on-going support
- Included user on-boarding, training, and use case consulting
- With as many as 30-50 million websites utilizing Google Analytics, according to Martech, you’ll have difficulty getting any personalized assistance. Analytics offers searchable FAQ pages and other educational tools, but no further support.
Length of Each Visit
- LeadLander displays each page viewed along with a timestamp, allowing sales teams to identify the quality of leads and customize their sales approach.
- Google Analytics provides broader data by taking all lifetime visitor data and providing the average time that all visitors spend on each page and the average time on site
CRM, LinkedIn, & Email Campaign Integration
- LeadLander provides built-in email campaign software integration (Vertical Response, MailChimp, etc.) allowing sales and marketing teams to immediately pursue hot leads visiting their site.
- LeadLander also provides SalesForce and Linkedin integration, allowing users to quickly access SalesForce data on their visitor, and/or use LinkedIn to pursue other relevant visitor co-workers/employees.
- You will be able to integrate your mail campaigns of choice with Google Analytics, and then check them regularly under Acquisitions > Campaigns > All Campaigns.
- LeadLander also offers a 14-day free trial, allowing you to test and explore features not available on Google Analytics
So when it comes to Google Analytics vs. LeadLander, which platform should I use?
Depending on your company’s needs and preferences, both Google Analytics and LeadLander can offer valuable insight. While LeadLander is much different from a tool like Google Analytics, both serve as a complement to one another. In fact, most of our clients also run Google Analytics on their websites (we do too). Google Analytics provides much broader insights, whereas LeadLander delivers much more actionable data with a lot more depth of detail.
Full-time business owners have a lot of responsibility, and it can be impossible to stay on top of the mountains of analytics data that accumulates every day. LeadLander utilizes premiere features like watchlist creation, real-time alerts, and unrivaled support to relieve the pressure of data influx. Even more importantly, LeadLander makes your analytics data usable with ISP Reconciliation, visitor identification, high-value company recognition, and much more. With more businesses functioning online in 2021 than ever before, it is critical to stay one step ahead of the masses.